Search This Blog

Thursday 12 July 2012

Real Problems


I think if I read one more tirade about how evil Daniel Tosh is, I may throw up the load of come I swallowed earlier.


Yesterday I mentioned our forthcoming marriage and our fantastically weird sex life, in great detail, and I've been too busy, picking out china for our skeet shooting reception that will follow the ceremony, to comment on what amounts to
a shitpile of double standards and thoroughly misdirected energy by a fuckpile too many bloggers. My conclusion about at least two thirds of the commentary I've read about "The Great Faux Pas of 2012" is that they simply can't admit to wanting to fuck him, as that would go against all the "feminism", so they're pissed at themselves and entirely willing to be as egomaniacal as all the men they rage against. They rage, they flip flop, it's this, it's that... it's easy to freak out about some Hollywood fucker, not so easy to contribute solutions to real problems.


I'll be the first one to agree that a lot of men are entirely too wrapped up in their stupidity, right after I acknowledge the same phenomenon occurring as frequently in women. I'll even go so far as to agree it's still very much a "man's world". Ya know what? Fuck 'em. Fuck 'em all if you have to. None of those things is going to change by freaking the fuck out. Gandhi showed us we can "be the change you want to see in the world", Christianity, and religion in general, taught us we can be rife with zealotry. Your choice.


I'm inclined to think it's not really about your interest in "serving women" the world over so much as serving your egos. But if you do want some real problem to rage against, rather than making a mountain out of a Hollywood mole hill, essentially accomplishing the exact opposite of what you presumably want by directing a lot of attention at "Mr. Evil", check out Laci Green, a woman who actually has been threatened with real violence simply for daring to be a woman who doesn't buy into the misogyny. Not only doesn't buy into it, but she works awfully hard to contribute to a healthier planet for men and women alike. http://lacigreen.tumblr.com/


Ultimately, any of these "tough" questions are best addressed by consulting the gospel that is Funkadelic. "Freedom is free of the need to be free." Namaste George, et al.

No comments:

Post a Comment